The best way to see the tourist attractions however is with the city's underground network.
Termini is where the two Roman lines (Line A and B) intersect meaning that you have quick and relatively cheap access to all of the main tourist destinations of this beautiful city.
• Only 2 stops to the awesome Coliseum and ancient Imperial Roman Forum (Line B)
• Only 2 stops to Piazza Barberini and the romantic Trevi Fountain (Line A)
• Only 3 stops to the ancient Papal Basilica of St John Lateran and the nearby Basilica of the Holy Cross and Holy Steps (Line A)
• Only 3 stops from Circus Maximus and the Aventine Hill (Line B)
• Only 3 stops from the Spanish Steps with it's vibrant colours and designer shops (Line A)
• Only 4 stops from Piazza del Popolo and the nearby huge Roman park - Villa Borghese (Line A)
• Only 6 stops from the Vatican Museums incorporating the Sistine chapel and also the stunning Basilica of St Peters